1608 – The Armenian priest Simeon Dbir Lehati wrote about a mineral water spring in his travelling memoirs in Romania: “the bishops were drinking the fellow loving water from “Vama”. ( Lehati, S.D. – “travelling Memoires and the Nerses Akinian Chronik”, Vienna, 1936, p. 4-7).
1776 – The Austrian general Spleny, the first military Governor of Bucovina, confirmed “the existence and the quality of the mineral water springs from the Dorna [region]” (central Historical Archives of Bucharest – Pack 23, Doc. 1/1776)